2009年4月29日 星期三

Second Life, The Second Chance of Life!





2009.4.24 by Alina from Second Life

I have been a dancer of a club, Desire Ultra Lounge, for around two weeks on Second Life. I heard from my co-workers that the owner of this club is a girl very active and serious about running the club. It lighted up my interest in her. Thus I invited her to have an interview.

Her name on SL is DestinyDesiree Foxdale. In real life, she is a dancer, twenty-eight, from U.S.A.. Her father died when she was eighteen, which has changed her life violently and made her work as a dancer. She is an extremely moody Cancer, yet she is incredibly active and ambitious. Her dream is happiness, the freedom to express herself, and to achieve her goals. She was inspired by her real-life job to run a club on SL. She started her avatar on February 11th, 2009. Since the first day in SL, she has held an ambitious plan to make a career. Besides her real-life job, she works one hundred hours a week on SL. Although Desire is just six weeks old, she has already made her Desire club very popular in very skillful ways, including building the traffic of the club, training the dancers in classes, appealingly typing words to catch people’s minds instead of body languages and rich facial expressions used in her real-life job, etc. However, making the club prosperous is not the end, she has a higher goal to achieve. She runs the club as a tactic to build a big brand for her future corporation on SL. The corporation in her plan will be as a consultant of how to run clubs on SL.

When asked of why she wants to make a career on SL, she said “I do this in hopes to one day be able to quit RL work.” Then I asked if she doesn’t like her real-life job, she said “it's not that so much, as I want to make money without having to work at all,” “I’d like to work at home and I can do it on my time.. well.. eventually.” My question went along, “do u think SL is more interesting than RL?” And she answered, “I think I have more control in SL and SL is easier but less interesting than RL. Most times I prefer the world of SL.” I asked, “do u feel disappointed with RL?” She said, “I feel disappointed with both occasionally…in SL…I have real relationships…in RL I have the same…” “In SL, I have real day- to- day events that don't go according to plan…same in the other(RL)...” “mostly, both worlds are the same… and both offer their own respective joys and disappointments.” Then I said, “so no matter which world u live in, as long as u pay ur soul into it, both don’t make difference.” She said, “exactly!!” I continued, “i think u r the person who really live in SL with seriously attitude.” She replied, “definitely!!”

In sum, DestinyDesiree Foxdale sees the opportunity in SL and wants her SL career to replace her real-life job for her preference of working freely at home and having better control of SL. And she thinks that SL and RL are the same quality to her, both have the same joys and frustrations just like real life as long as she pays the same effort, seriousness and soul into both. SL has become a second choice, chance and hope of life for her, and for a lot of people!

沒有留言:

張貼留言